Specializing in Residential Condominium Management
Our Commitment To You
Star Property Managers is dedicated to providing responsible, property management services through collaboration with our clients. We endeavour to serve and achieve success with our clients, who desire home enjoyment while living in a “managed” communal environment, by adopting the following best practices.
- Accuracy and transparency in financial record keeping and budgeting.
- Responsive communication in a respectful manner.
- Encouragement of client learning and awareness of condominium related matters.
- Understanding of building systems and reserve fund planning.
- Responsible performance of an effective program of preventative and on-going maintenance and repairs.
- Extensive networking with reliable, industry professionals.
- Current awareness of pertinent legislation affecting condominiums.
- Flexibility in management contracts.
How We Can Assist You
- Respectful, timely communication with owners/boards/tenants, contractors, consultants, solicitors and government departments.
- Maintenance of current records and documentation.
- Expertise to guide corporate compliance with relevant bylaws, legislative acts and regulations.
- Monthly property management report and twice monthly walk-through reports.
- Attendance and management support at scheduled board meetings and annual general meeting.
- Provision of approved minutes of board meetings and annual general meeting.
- Coordination of insurance policies and claims processing for the corporation based on current insurance appraisal, as directed by the board.
- Enforcement of collection procedures for condominium fees.
- Provision of “Sales Documents” packages, estoppel certificates and information statements.
- After hours emergency responce.
- Accurate monthly financial reports comprising: Balance Sheet; Trial Balance; Revenue and Expense Statement; Expense Distribution; Aged Accounts Receivable; Accounts Payable; Bank Reconciliation of Operating and Reserve Accounts.
- Annual operating and reserve fund budget preparation and assistance for board approval.
- Timely submission of cheques for authorized board signatures with cheque registers for board records, and original contractor invoices attached (Star Property Managers does not accept signing authority for any corporation payments or bank accounts).
- Annual financial records that always meet professional audit standards.
- Obtain competitive quotations from only licensed and bonded contractors for routine and preventative maintenance contracts, and submit to the board for its review and direction.
- Coordinating maintenance and repairs with residents.
- Provision of an annual preventative maintenance schedule based on reserve fund study recommendations.